Law as a career: Success all the way
Studying law today is completely different from what it used to be a decade ago. People no longer assume that Law is for those who can’t get into any other course.
The National Law Universities (NLUs) of India today offer jobs that at par with graduates of the IITs and the IIMs.
A degree in law from the NLUs arms you with all the requisite skills required in the profession and offers a plethora of opportunities suited to every student’s personality.
Today, practicing as an advocate in court draped in black and white is not the only option left after you complete your law course.
Fields such as Corporate Law, Intellectual Property Rights, Taxation, etc have emerged as promising career avenues after law graduation.
Corporate houses are spending heavily to hire specialized lawyers for providing legal aid.
Law firms are shelling out as high as Rs. 12 lakh to Rs. 16 lakh to recruit fresh law graduates from the NLUs, and things only get better as one progress in their careers.
The growing popularity of these NLUs and Law as a career is further manifested by the manifold increase in the number of applicants writing the major law entrance exams every year, primarily the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT).
Some must-have personal traits for a career in Law:
- Good communication skills
- Quick responsiveness, excellent memory
- Open, flexible mind
- Good authoritative leadership qualities
- Logical reasoning
- Good listening and powerful oratorical skills
- Out of the box thinking ability
Knowledge of all statutes, rules and regulations, and notifications Patience, as some cases can drag on endlessly.
The 22 participating NLUs in the order of their year of establishment are:
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- National Academy of Legal Study and Research University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
- The National Law Institute University, Bhopal(NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- The National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
- National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Guwahati (NLUJAA)
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
- Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU Mumbai)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur (MNLU Nagpur)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad (MNLU Aurangabad)
- Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla (HPNLU)
- Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur (DNLU)
- Dr.B.R.Ambedkar National Law University Sonepat
CLAT shall be conducted in online mode where the paper will have 150 questions from five different subjects including:
|CLAT Pattern - 2021|
|CLAT 2021||No of Questions||Negative Marking|
|English ( Comprehension)||28 - 32||0.25|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||35 - 39|
|Total Time||2 Hours|
|Total Number of Questions||150|
Major LAW Application Form Notifications:
|LAW Application Forms 2021|
|VIT school of law||BA LLA(Hons)
|SRM||BA LLB(Hons), BCOM LLB(Hons)||July 31, 2021||https://applications.srmist.edu.in/|
|Saveetha||BA LLB, BBA LLB, BCOM LLB, BSc LLB||TBA||https://saveethalaw.com/admissions|
|Sastra||BA LLB(Hons), BCOM LLB(Hons), BBA LLB(Hons)||July 31, 2021 (5pm)||https://www.sastra.edu/sastraadmissions/|
|Sathyabama||BA LLB(Hons), BBA LLB(Hons), BCOM LLB(Hons)||TBA||https://fees.sathyabama.ac.in/admission_step1.php|
|UPES||BA LLB(Hons), BCOM LLB(Hons), BTECH LLB(Hons)||August 20, 2021||https://admission.upes.ac.in/apply|
|Chettinad vidyalaya||BA LLB(Hons), BCOM LLB(Hons)||TBA||http://application.chettinadhealthcity.com/onlineapplication/law_courses.php|
Balsu's Success Academy- Other Law Entrance Exam Notifications
|CLAT (National Law universities)||May 8, 2022||March 31, 2022||https://consortiumofnlus.ac.in/|
|AILET (NLU - Delhi, Xavier Law School etc.)||May 5, 2022||April 17, 2022||https://nludelhi.ac.in/adm-ba-test.aspx|
|SLAT (Symbiosis Law School, Pune, Noida, Nagpur, Hyderabad)||May 14, 2022||April 24, 2022||https://www.set-test.org/blog/slat.html|
|ULSAT (UPES, Dehradun)||June 15-18, 2022||May 09, 2022||https://www.bhu.ac.in/law/llb.html|
|LSAT (25+ college including Jindal Global Law School, Sonipat)||May 9 , 2022||April 25, 2022||https://www.lsac.org/lsat/lsat-dates-deadlines-score-release-dates|
|CULEE (Christ University, Bangalore, Pune, Delhi)||TBA (June 2022)||April 28, 2022||https://m.christuniversity.in/admission-course-details/School%20of%20Law%20|
|Gautam Buddha (Gautam Buddha university)||TBA (July 2022)||TBA (June 2022)||https://www.gbu.ac.in/|